Monday, February 15, 2010

One Week to Go!

It's Monday - and I leave in a week.
Sometimes I wonder what I am doing... Why am I doing this? Why am I leaving my wonderful husband for two months to go work in Uganda? Can I really do this?
Yep - I have doubts about myself...
But then I remember my passion - my love for this work - my love for Africa and its people - my desire to increase access to primary health care, work toward decreasing HIV prevalence and stigma - and to help build the capacity of local organizations to keep doing this work themselves.
Then I know that I am doing the right thing.
Am I still scared - yep... a bit...
Do I wonder how it will all turn our - yep...
But I keep moving and keep heading toward that goal and I know that everything will work out exactly as it is meant to

So - with one week to go - I want to say thank you to everyone who has helped support my mom and I and helped us to realize this dream. I want to thank you all for being there - whether you know it or not - in my mind - pushing me on to greater heights. I couldn't do it without you all.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment