Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Journey Begins...

So life has a funny way of working.
Sometimes I wonder how I ever got into this life style - where did this passion for travel and overseas adventures come from? Where did this passion for helping others come from?

Well, wherever it came from, its here... and I leave tomorrow morning.
Everytime I think about the trip, my stomach does a little flip-flop, and I almost feel sick. Not sure why - it could be because I don't want to leave Jeremy for that long... it could be that I really don't know that much about the people I am going to work with, and what I am really getting myself in to. Sometimes I think I trust too much - but it has always worked out before, so why not this time? Right?

Today I get to do the last minute packing. My two check-on bags are fully packed with donations for RWEYOWA, and I just have to repack my clothes, books and laptop into my carry-on. Feels so weird.

Lastly - I want to say thank you to the many people who have given so generously to support RWEYOWA and our effort to bring as many donations as we can. Thanks to your efforts, we are going to be able to bring around 200lbs of medical supplies and other donations, and give money to the organization for purchasing more supplies in the community - that way we are not only helping out the people that the organization helps, but we are also helping to support the local community, and increasing the positive views of the organization in their community. This will surely help them in their continued work.

So - THANK YOU! You are all in my thoughts and in my heart on this trip. I want to say thank you so that you really know how I am feeling. Not sure how to do that in words.

No comments:

Post a Comment